Friday, April 9, 2010

Counting my blessings

Today has been one of those aggravating( I wish I was more productive) days. The plan was to get up early, get a good start on the housework, a really thorough cleaning, try to come up with a waterproof way of temporarily fixing the broken tiles in the shower, fix a healthier lunch for my kids, spend some funtime with them, get some serious writing in, and my biggest challenge... QUIT SMOKING!!
It is now almost 3pm and I have managed to carry a migraine with me most of the day, we had a mixture of lunches. Me..scrambled eggs with ham and green peppers(shared with Caralyne), Juliette ate a piece of toast, chips and leftover chili from last night. As for the bathroom wall, after 2 of us taking showers the wall is now too wet to worry with.
After even the most unorganized day I still Thank God for the blessing of today.
My children are safe, healthy, happy and loved~ I love this saying, got it from the imfamous Kate Gosslin.
BTW! In my opinion it is probably the smartest thing she has ever said~~Not a big fan of hers, can you tell?
Anyway,
It wasn't Applebee's or Red Lobster, but we have food in our stomachs today!
We have a roof over our head,  even if the bathroom is slowly falling apart. One shower at a time!
We have beds to sleep in at night, even if they didn't get made this morning
My husband has a fulltime job with benefits, even if he complains everyday about the slackers he works with and the dangerous conditions
We have each other, even if we bicker and drive each other crazy most days.
My life is not fancy, we are not wealthy and our car is 13 yrs old.
But we are together, we have love & The Lord and we have no car payment!!
Amen! Amen!

No comments:

Shelfari

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog