Friday, June 4, 2010

School's Out for Summer

Let the craziness games begin!
Today is the girls first day of summer!
Let's go over my dream the plan!
1. Sleep in late (Didn't happen) they were both up by 8am
2. Eat a good hot breakfast, since they are actually home to eat(I'm not hungry. Can we have a popsicle?)
3. Get up/dressed/fed, ready to do "something"(still in jammies at 12pm, watching Chipmunks Squeakual for the 3rd time since last night)!!! And yes they had a popsicle!
So, it hasn't went as planned but amazingly they are actually playing together. I love their secret sister moments when they actually "LIKE" each other. How sweet is that??
It feels good to see them spending time together. I often worry with the age gap if they will be as close as I hope they will. Julie being the oldest, always wants to be in charge. She has her "tween" moments where she wants privacy, loud music, phone calls, or just to get away. Go somewhere away from parents and little sis. Be with her friends. With Caralyne it is hard for her to understand why her sis doesn't want to be with her 24/7. She also wants to be a "big girl" and of course hangout in Julie's room, show off around her friends.
So days like today, with no school, or outside influence it's nice to see them turn to eachother for friendship, and attention.
Although they have been pretty quiet for awhile now. They could be in there plotting some great scheme against me!
How are your kids with each other when school is out? Do they seem different together when they are home more?
Again, I realize it is only the first day of summer(for us) and I'm sure in a day or two their attitudes will change!

1 comment:

Nobody Puts Mama In A Corner! said...

Yes..what's up with the not sleeping in thing??? My 15 year old is up at 6:30!!! HELLO???? Teenagers are suppose to sleep!!! But I do LOVE summer!!!

Shelfari

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog