Today I'm going to tell you my 10 favorite things about Fall or Autumn.
However you say it is fine. I prefer Autumn.
1. I love all the wonderful scents and smells that start changing and coming out in Autumn. Pumpkin spice or the spiced cider are my 2 favorites!
2. The smell of hay! I don't know why!?!? It must be all those summers spent at Granny's farm in Kentucky. It is one of those rare sweet smells that can bring with it a wave of bittersweet memories.
3. The sound of crunchy leaves! Oh and of course the smell of them. What is with all the scents? Is it just me? Maybe I have some weird undiagnosed scent fetish?!?!!
4. The colors of Autumn are amazing! My favorite color is Orange, but when mixed with all the greens, browns, golds and wine reds, I love it even more.
5. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my coffee. Most of you already know this fact. I get even crazier about it when they start having the Pumpkin latte advertised! It is amazing!
6. And not to overkill the buzz but it goes great with a slice of Pumpkin pie!! With extra whipped topping of course! Still slightly warm if you would please!
7. Here I go again with my nose! I cannot deny my love of campfires! The snuggling with loved ones, the stories and laughter, roasting anything we can put on a stick! and THE SMELL of the wood burning!
8. Afterwards, or if there is no campfire I love to walk into my kitchen and....yes, you guessed it. SMELL a big ole' pot of homemade chili cooking on the stove top!
9. Probably before I eat a bowl of that chili up above I am no doubt in my fuzzy jammies and fuzzy slippers! Ok, I won't lie to you. I actually wear these pretty much year round, but they do get more attention in the Autumn.
10. I don't know if I love these because they are so stinkin' cute or because if you buy the "good" ones they are made with real hay. Anywho, these are my #10 thing that I love about Autumn! Scarecrow people!
What do you love about Autumn? What would your top 10 be? And please tell me there are more people out there with the scent fetish???